Typhoons, Earthquakes, Eruptions....Oh My!

So it seems that Mother Nature and the good folks of planet earth are having it out with Japan at the mo.  Not only did the main island receive its worst Typhoon in 10 years earlier this week (it came right through Nagano prefecture, where we're currently farming), but we also experienced an earthquake last night!  Well when I say "we" I mean, at roughly 4:10 AM JST this morning I woke up and felt a rattling... a bit of a hum and shake.  Now, at the time I couldn't tell you if I was dreaming, awake, half way in between or what, so I recorded the thought and went back to bed.  6 AM rolls around, Annie and I are up early to do a hike on our day off and I ask "Annie - O, did you feel the ground shaking last night?"  "Nope" was the response.  So I said, must've been a dream.  But I couldn't let it go, so after breakfast I googled "Japan earthquakes 2009" ... sure enough... look at this ish: http://www.jma.go.jp/en/quake/3/20091010041944391-100414.html

It wasn't an f-ing dream!  So there you have it... two natural phenomena in less than a week.  Phfeww... I say let's get them out of the way now and keep them harmless.  And yeah, no eruptions.......... yet.

0 comments: